Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Dirty Soccer Mom Van

1987 Ford E-250 Quadravan 4x4
Alright so I have to admit that sharing with the rest of the world that drive a car only 12years younger than I is a little crazy. My Husband believes that it is somewhat of a classic, and it doesn't help that all the men want to take it to Pismo. Not my first choice or hec, even my eighth It has it's benefits though, Lets talk about the space, space to store all the junk 3 children can possibly bring in a day.












So I begin with the back of the van, where I would like everything to be, but that doesn't always work. The reason it doesn't work is because the back of the van is full, always. Now we have the pine bedding for the baby chicks. The layer crumble feed, for the older chickens. A Home Goods bag full of grocery bags that I never remember to reuse. Behind that, because there is so much room, is the kids sparring gear for karate. Helmets that the kids used.....where? A bag to go to the goodwill (that's been screaming, donate me this century), and a whole pile of junk, that is not even mine.... Yes that's right.. I offered to take my friends stuff to donate to the dance studio. Has it left the car? Nope.

The Back seat. Probably the least cluttered only because it is the furthest away from me, the driver. These items here were accumulated today, one day and this is what a mom has to deal with. Everyone's sweatshirt, files for 4-H. Boyscout paperwork to be memorized and an in complete math assignment. Did I mention the older your kids get, not only do they wear more clothes, they leave more clothes. Just when I thought they should be big enough to carry things, they aren't capable of remembering.













The items in this photo are what is on the floor in front of this seat. A new trash can recently purchased, a yoga mat with hopeful intentions.A Two bags of Target items( a staple in our home), a book of some sort, 1 green towel, which I can not tell you why or when it appeared in this vehicle. The floor, don't ask it's like another room to have to vacuum, seriously. If it was covered I wouldn't have to see all the dirt and......stuff from the kids shoes. Which reminds me. My husband was in the van the other day sitting in the back, yes the back. He said this van is a pig sty. He also made some comment about how I shouldn't let the kids eat in the car. Ha ha ha, like that is going to happen, right ladies? Yeah right, life is challenging enough without having hungry kids on top of that.
Sorry babe, but I have to win this one.

So we move to the front of the bus, where the pilot(me). Has to have everything on hand, right? A busy mom, always feeds her kids even if she has to let them eat in the car. The aftermath is beautiful, and why is it that mom always gets handed the trash? Like I am the trash can or something. There is not a thing you need, that I do not have in this mess. I may have to dig, but chances are pretty good that it's in there. So all in all this Van is the real deal, don't be jealous ladies, you know you want one. It's the latest fashion. Name your price......




2 comments:

  1. First of all, that ride is AWESOME. An award in itself. And we might need to start a new competion - just for the front console area (or whatever you call that). Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not showing my husband your van. This is exactly what he wants me to drive for our family vehicle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete